Wednesday 26 October 2011

A newcastle dialect {something to share}



I've something very interesting. I went to Newcastle on my last holiday and I met a lot of new friends there. They told me something very crazy, nice and cool. They told me that there is a special language just for teenagers (as I was told-not completely sure) in Newcastle to communicate with each other and no one can understand them; if you go to Manchester , London and Scotland or any city in London they can't understand it .. that’s really cool! I like it .
They taught me some words and by the way there are no spelling rules in this language . and here are some examples :
Loosh = good or very good
Toon = home
Ola=hi
Traa = good bye
Are you ok ? = are you alreet ?
Yes I'm ok = yes am I alreet
How are you ? I'm fine = how are you ? ooh cany cany (you should say it two times )
What  do you think about MS . Nisreen ? she is very nice and friendly = what do you think about MS .Nisreen? she's cany

I hope you like it and I hope I could teach you more and more about Jordie or  Geordie language. I always talk with my lovely British teacher to learn more and more about it . Because I love it .
Thanks  all
Dania Abed
(Foundation year 1432/33 – Group 7)


Thank you Dania …for this interesting and cool piece of information ;)
For more information about this Georide dialect check this



No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...